Role of Stress in Health

Stress is everything, but it is not what we typically think.  The following is a quote from The Healing Codes by Dr. Alex Loyd and Dr. Ben Johnson.  I highly recommend this book for understanding the role of stress in your physical, mental and emotional health.

If the immune and healing systems of the body can heal any problem you have, then the thing that turns those systems off must be the same one cause of all illness and disease.  It is.  According to Stanford University Medical School in research release in 1998 by Dr. Bruce Lipton, a highly renowned and respected cell biologist, stress is the cause of at least 95% of illness and disease.  Dr. Lipton reports that the remaining 5% is genetic and was caused, you guessed it, by stress somewhere in the ancestry of that person.  Even the U.S. Federal Government, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), says on their website that 90% of all illness and disease is related to stress.  Just about any authoritative source you could name agrees – Harvard, Yale, Vanderbilt, The Mayo Clinic, and the list goes on.

It is important to note that the kind of stress we are talking about that creates this illness and disease is not based on circumstances that you wish you could change.  It is deep seated stress that lives inside you and is totally independent of your current circumstances.  In fact, changing your current circumstances by eliminating things that seem stressful to you may very well have little effect on this stress that turns off our immune system.  In our research, 90% of people who say they are not stressed before they are tested for stress actually are under physiological stress, according to their test results.

Wow!  95% of illness and disease!  Where is the hope in healing?  You can get the book to get the whole story, but it is basically healing the issues of the heart that drive the underlying stress.  This is called energy medicine (don’t be frightened) and is a growing field of research and healing practice.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.