- 4 TBSP grape seed oil
- 2 1/2 tsp (or to taste) chili powder, divided
- 2 1/2 tsp (or to taste) curry powder, divided
- 2 medium eggplants (3/4 lbs each) trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup lemon or lime juice, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 bunches scallions coarsely chopped (keep 2 TBLSP for garnish)
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Combine 1 TBSP oil with 2 tsp each chili powder and curry powder in a large bowl. Add eggplant and toss well. Spread the eggplant on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until tender, about 15 minutes.
Thoroughly combine the remaining 1 TBSP each chili powder and curry powder, 1/3 cup lemon (or lime) juice, salsa, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the eggplant, lentils, and scallions; gently toss to combine. Taste and season with more pepper and/or lemon (or lime) juice, if desired.
Serve the salad on a bed of romaine, topped with mango, cilantro and the reserved 2 TBSP scallions.