- 2 TBSP grape seed oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dried red lentils
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp red-wine vinegar (optional)
- Coarse salt and pepper
Increase heat to high and add tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Add lentils, turnip, and 6 cups water.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in parsley and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.